Ensure the Manufacturing Technology Reliability Processes realize Business Unit and Corporate goals to achieve a competitive advantage in the areas of manufacturing process capability through the control, stability and improvement of our products, processes and facilities/equipment.
Provide Manufacturing and/or technical knowledge and skills to support ArcelorMittal Jubail business processes that allow ArcelorMittal Jubail to meet business goals.
Develop and mentor Technology and Manufacturing (as individuals or as a group) through the execution of projects and/or the Technology Work Processes.
Perimeter of Influence (Sector, Unit, Turn-Over, Tons etc) Explain Briefly
ArcelorMittal Tubular Products Jubail
Policies, Systems, Process & Procedures
Fulfill the Health & Safety responsibilities as identified in the Responsibilities and Accountabilities section of the Health & Safety Program.
Fulfill the Environmental responsibilities as identified in the Responsibilities & Accountabilities section of the Environmental and Energy Program.
Fulfill the Quality responsibilities as identified in the Quality Management System.
Fulfill the responsibilities as identified in the Performance Management Process.
Fulfill the responsibilities as identified in the Attendance Management Process.
Provide training and development to co-workers and help maintain Standard Operating Procedures, Best Practices and Job Safe Practices to ensure the transfer of knowledge to others.
Evaluate and improve on process(s).
Maintain reliable and safe manufacturing systems while improving production rates, efficiencies, yields and costs.
Develop and assist in the development of innovative solutions.
Improve process(s) capability and production volume while retaining and improving quality standards.
Collect, record and transcribe available data as required.
Show results in up to date and accurate reports.
Develop and implement systems / procedures that optimize all phases of production.
Provide input / suggestions during incident investigations.
Advise on corrective action(s).
Work with equipment designers, manufacturing teams, maintenance teams and the quality team to develop cost effective and efficient production procedures.
Ensure projects and sub projects are completed on time and within budget.
Assist in the research and purchase of new equipment and technology as required.
Assist / lead in the identification, prioritization and execution of corrective actions to address issue(s) which impact the process(s) on a daily basis.
Take the lead in trouble shooting issue(s) to identify activities which improve efficiency using data analysis tools.
Ensure absolute adherence to all quality and safety standards and process requirements.
Engage and participate on the successful delivery of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
Provide leadership and direction to operations on technology development and application within the manufacturing process(s).
Support process development and cost reduction activities.
Bench Mark “Best in Class” for continual improvement of efficiency, effectiveness and consistency.
Participate in the Identification of performance gaps and the development of plans to close the gaps.
Share with operations and maintenance leadership the accountability to ensure that AMTPJ products and manufacturing process(s) are stable, reliable and achieve all business goals.
• Advanced Manufacturing process knowledge and experience is required.
• Good knowledge of the Manufacturing Technology Reliability Process is required.
• Good knowledge of Process and Product Control Methodologies including but not limited to the following is required:
o Quality Planning
o Process Control
o Continuous Improvement
o Root Cause Failure Analysis
• General knowledge of how and why equipment (Mechanical & Electrical) fails is required.
• Product - Process Linkage: Knowledge of how and why the manufacturing process must perform to achieve the desired product standards is required.
• Working knowledge of ArcelorMittal Jubail’s Key Customers and their Product requirements is required.
• Ability to work with and/or lead people to achieve positive results
• Good verbal and written communication skills are required.
• Ability to execute all elements of the Process and Product Quality Control Processes is required, including:
• Quality Planning, Quality Control and Continuous Improvement
• Root Cause Failure Analysis
• Ability to run effective meetings.
• Good Benchmarking skills are required
• Advanced skill in Excel
• Ability to generate queries and reports in applications such as Access and Document Management Systems
• Experience with World Class Manufacturing (WCM)
• Capable to work with and / or lead people to achieve results.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Good organizational skills.
• Good problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Good Leadership skills.
• Good computer, standard corporate software application skills are required
Education & Experience
• 3-yr Technologist Diploma or a 4- University degree in an appropriate discipline: Mechanical, Metallurgical \ Engineering or Applied Science
• 4+ years of experience preferably in Manufacturing Process Technology in the Seamless Pipe or Steel Rolling Industry.
• Professional Certifications may be considered an asset e.g. PMP, Six Sigma, PEO
• Advanced Course in Project Management an asset.
• Good English speaking, reading and writing.
• Acceptance of multicultural and multilingual atmosphere.
ArcelorMittal is the world's leading steel and mining company. Guided by a philosophy to produce safe, sustainable steel, it is the leading supplier of quality steel products in all major markets including automotive, construction, household appliances and packaging. ArcelorMittal is present in more than 60 countries and has an industrial footprint in over 20 countries.